Friday, January 9, 2009

Momcessities: The little things mom shouldn't go without. Buttoned Up Pads

Need things in your household Buttoned Up?

Towards the end of summer, I decided that I needed to get my act together again. I had used a planner in college, and felt maybe I could get my household back on track again by reinstating my Franklin Covey Planner. While I was at the Franklin Covey shop, my sis found a section called Buttoned Up. I had only glanced at them initially when we walked in, I was on a mission to get my planner pages, nothing else, but she insisted they were something I should peruse because they looked really handy.

OH MY WORD.

These pads were truly the neatest little pads i have ever seen. The more I thought about my husband, the more I realized these pads would be in our future. Their pads are brilliant and can be incorporated into your whole families daily routine, whether you are needing a pad for directions, or wanting to make a shopping list these pads help you organize your thoughts and keep you on track. The kids can have a homework pad so they can keep track of their assignments at school or a chores pad so they know exactly what is expected of them with their household duties. There is a baby bag pad and a kid pad, so you can have a checklist of things to pack (or in my case, so my husband can finally learn to pack the diaper bag)when you are in a hurry. Their Would you pad looks great for making sure your significant other knows exactly what you need from them and the Not to do pads tell them what to hold off on. The options are endless and so user friendly. I can't believe I had never heard of them before.

Needless to say, when I left Franklin Covey, I left with a buttoned up pad. I chose the diaper bag pad, because the one thing my husband can not do is pack the diaper bag. No matter how many times he packs it with me telling him what goes in it, we are always missing something. So now I just highlight on the pad what we need, and he checks it off as he packs it. Having an infant in the house and a toddler really makes this an essential for our diaper bag.

I'm also a sucker for planning. It was what I did best as a teacher, and what I do best as a mom/housewife. I can plan the dickens out of something ( getting me to implement it is another story) so needless to say, now that I have my Franklin Covey up to date, and a few Buttoned Up pads in my household I feel like I can be a better organized parent. I just can't wait for the kids to get old enough so I can start getting some of those other pads.

2 comments:

Amie V said...

Good thing you had your sister with you. ;)

Samantha said...

I really need to find something like this. I will have to actually trek over to the Mall of America (so NOT my favorite place in the world) and see if they have something like it. I'm sure they do-they have an entire store of nothing but socks!