Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Who would have thought?


Who would have thought that a faucet, a sink and some dawn would have created a half an hour of entertainment for my 2.5 year old?

Last night, as I was preparing dinner, my son wanted to help unload the dishwasher. On the bottom shelf, he found himself a tumbler to play with so I let him. He ran and got his stool and then proceeded to fill the glass up with water to drink. Normally I freak out because I don't want water everywhere, but then I realized "Hey, its water, he needs to drink that!". Feeling ballsy, I then asked if he wanted to play with bubbles too. He of course said "YEAH!" So I bubbled up the sink on one side and then just ran the water on the other. He had a blast filling up his cup with water, with soap, washing bubbles off, etc.


Its amazing what a few empty cups and some water can do for a one of those days when you can't play outside!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Abby does the same thing. It's kinda nice when they get the water all over the floor-makes it easier to mop!

Amie V said...

i'm not surprised. don't you remember bubble baths at gramma and papa's? and playing in the sink? i do. and i remember you there, too.... =D