Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Momcessities: The little things mom shouldn't go without. Mommy Cards!

,
My friend Anelys runs her own graphic arts/printing business and she does amazing work. I plan on ordering both of my kids birthday cards from her this year. You should really check out her website and all her products they are much better than you would find at Snapfish or Kodak.

But one of her products stands out to me, and I really can't wait to place my order when the kids get into preschool. They are the "mommy cards". These little ingenious cards, are perfect for any mom. They have your kids picture and info on them, your phone number, allergies, birthdates and anything else you feel is important to have available in an instant.

Think about it:

You are setting up a play date for your kids and you need to swap numbers, just pull this card out and hand it over.

You are dropping your kids off at daycare, and you need to leave some pertinent info with the staff, drop off your mommy card, so they can match up the allergy or disability with the proper kid by seeing the photo. Its easy to pull this card from out of a file than search through it for the information.

Your kids have wandered off and you can't find them in a park/store/museum, you have your card out so you can have the security guard know exactly what they look like to help you find them.

Its the first day of school, leave one with the teacher so she/he knows exactly how to get in contact with you.

There are just so many uses these little cards have. I think every mom should have some! Plus I just love showing off pics of my little ones, and what better way to brag than by handing over your mommy card to new friends as you set up play dates. You know you will get compliments on 1. having a mommy card and 2. having such cute kids.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Oooohhh! Those cards sound awesome! I'll have to check out the site...after I'm done with my school work of course.

Unknown said...

Those cards are great! I had thought about making my own when Maren was little, but of course never did. I'll have to check out the site though b/c I need to get some invites for Will's bday part.