Wednesday, January 14, 2009

When bad things happen to good toys

This Christmas Zabba got a really great gift from Gramm. It's an art desk that has a white board, a clip to hold papers for painting-this flips down to make a desk, compartments galore, bins that fit into the compartments and the best thing about it (well, according to Zabba). It has a stool!!


The other day while I was searching the house high and low for a missing Mr. Potato Head part (which fits nicely into the compartments of the art desk thankyouverymuch) Zabba got ahold of this:




Yep, that's right a permanent marker. So, when I was on my hands and knees under the dining room table I realized that Zabba was very quite-much quieter than any 2 year old should be unless they are sleeping. So I slowly backed out from under the table to see what she was doing and was greeted by this:


Nice-eh? Incase you were wondering it's a baloon.


So, if you ever run into this situation, here's what you do:


1. Use a dry erase marker (the one I used was Expo, but any dry erase will work)

2. Color over the permanent marker with the dry erase marker



3. Wipe off with either an eraser designed for white boards or a wet cloth





4. Hide permanent markers from 2 year old.


In my opinion, the last step is the most important.

5 comments:

Jennie B said...

Ok, that is just brilliant. Plus very useful, we have an active white board in our living room that Mac loves to write on and I'm so scared he will find our permanent markers...

Thanks!

Lara said...

That is amazing!

Samantha said...

Oh the things you learn working in an office full of "intellegent adults"!

The Clan Piccini said...

Mr. Clean Magic eraser works well also, my youngest put permanent marker all over our bar. My fault, I left it in the child-locked drawer LOL

Samantha said...

Does the Mr Clean Magic eraser also get red dry erase marker off the white wall?

Yeah....